Wednesday, February 23, 2011

WHERE THE END MARKS THE BEGINNING............

As I sit here writing, my mind goes back in time - a week or so - refresh the memories that will always stay fresh in my mind: our final days in school. Moving backwards in time is quite tough. But the once you are into the world of your fnd memories, I think it is worth the difficulty.

That day, we decided to play our last cricket match - our class and the adjoining class. The game reached a sort of an anti-climax even before it started - lack of space. Yet, it could not hamper our spirit to play one final game before leaving school. We are old rivals(on-field only) - the rivalry is 7 years old. And as if to pacify our hearts burning with that fire of revenge and to be declared a champion, the match ended in a tie - even in the super-over. That inspired me to write this post - the beginning of the end.

And the week that followed was quite emotional and the "floodgates" opened - it was our last week in school(and the preparatory marks were also given).With slambooks, hugs, photo sessions and tears, it could have made anybody sentimental. Afterall, we had spent 12 long years in school - having shared almost everything: our secrets, our likes and dislikes, punishments and even bunking classes, sometimes. Those 12 years had built a strong sense of unity and oneness amongst us - even when one was caught doing wrong, we stood by him and saw to it he came out unscathed.

That week saw even quite a few teachers getting emotional. Afterall, they had nurtured us for so long. We had bid adieu to all our familiar haunts and fellows and our very dear school to embark on a voyage where still uncertainty shrouds many of us. A voyage that will take us far - away from all our familiar-till-now places.
I only hope we all are successful on our voyage(s).

Then came our final day - the final ever - in school, after which we would never be alowed to step into it as students. As fate would have it, our class got jinxed dat day for various reasons - our final assembly programme could never be presented. Yet, we enjoyed viewing it as a class - together for one final time.
Again, there were more more hugs, more pics and more tears. Ah!!!!!!! how I wish I could relive those 12 years again and again and over again. How I wish for a "time turner"(HARRY POTTER AND THE PRISONER OF ASKABAN)!!!!!!!

Now, sitting at home, with no expectations of meeting my friends again in school, I feel cut off, chopped from the world I belong to. The truth is yet to dawn upon us that our school is not the world but a part of the world. Sometimes, I feel it is better if that truth dawns upon us. Sometimes, I feel  it is beter if it doesn't.
All that awaits us now are the board exams and that endless wait of hope and expectations until the results are out. And then, take a plunge into the a sea  of new people with a "school" of old fishes and explore the new world with enthusiasm...................

"..........If winter comes,
Can spring be far behind?"          - P.B. SHELLEY


1 comment:

  1. Awesome article... You made me remember "my school days"... I'm not finding the right words to express my feelings..

    ReplyDelete